The Assistant Librarian / Librarian works in the Library and is responsible for the upkeep of the materials (music scores and parts) in the Library. The position holder will be involved in the procurement and preparation of music score and parts for the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) and other performing groups under the Singapore Symphony Group (SSG).
- Preparation of music materials for concerts put up by performing groups in the SSG. This includes the acquisition of materials and working with Conductors and Musicians to prepare materials according to specified requirements.
- Proof-reading, editing, transposition and marking of materials.
- Providing music materials for use within the company for instances such as musician auditions, or request for the perusal of music.
- Management of the library collection, including cataloging, filing, and tracking of music scores, parts and other reference materials.
- During rehearsals and concerts, making sure materials are set up on stage, and make any necessary changes to scores as and when it arises.
- Minimum diploma holder with 1 year of work experience
- Knowledge of music theory and interest in classical music
- An eye for accuracy and attention to details
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends when needed
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer and computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in Sibelius music notation software is a plus
- Team player and ability to work well with a variety of personalities
Please provide a comprehensive resume with a photo and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
This is a local position. Applicants who fulfill most and not all of the requirements will also be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 11 August 2019.