Senior Executive/Assistant Manager, Corporate Communications
The main function of the Corporate Communications team is to promote the Singapore Symphony Group and all its affiliated performing groups, by clearly communicating our mission as well as our impact. Our performing groups include the Singapore Symphony Orchestra, Singapore National Youth Orchestra, and Singapore Symphony Choruses.
- Reporting structure: Serve as a key member of the Corporate Communications team reporting to the Senior Manager.
- Supervisory responsibilities: Nil
- Corporate Communications: Carry out tasks related to collaterals, branding and corporate website. Contribute to research and drafting of talking points for company spokespersons.
- Media relations: Draft and publish press releases and address media queries. Act as media liaison as necessary and help cultivate media relationships. Regularly maintain the media database.
- Stakeholder communications: Assist in drafting reports for stakeholders such as government and corporate funders. Assist with the drafting of meeting presentations.
- Corporate events: Assist with and organise events such as anniversary celebrations, public talks and exhibitions. Provide support to the company’s CSR programme including acting as liaison for beneficiary organisations.
- Responsibilities: As a key member of the team, support and provide regular and frequent updates to the Senior Manager (Corporate Communications) and assist with ad-hoc special projects.
- A passion for music and the arts
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to produce concise and impactful copy
- Familiarity with web content management, database management; graphic design skills will come in use
- Exceptional organisational skills and takes a collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- Meticulous and willing to take on administrative tasks such as coordinating meetings and appointments
- Able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
- At least 3 years’ experience in an agency, as in-house corporate communications staff or as a journalist. Candidates with more experience may be considered for the same job, positioned at the Assistant Manager level.
- Degree in the arts, mass communications or a related discipline; non-degree holders with relevant experience and track record will also be considered.
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
This is a local position. Applicants who fulfill most and not all of the requirements will also be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 6 January 2019.