The Executive’s main responsibility is to assist the Manager and Assistant Manager, Choral programs on administrative and operational matters of the SSO Choral Programmes. The executive is the first point of contact for all prospecting choristers. This is a one-year contract position with an estimated start date of 3 January 2022 to 31 December 2022.
For the SSO Choral Programmes, consisting 3 Performing ensembles:
Singapore Symphony Chorus (SSC), Singapore Symphony Youth Choir (SSYC) and the Singapore Symphony Children’s Choir (SSCC); and 7 SSCC Training Wing ensembles
- Maintenance of membership database
- Collection of fees (membership, term, scores, misc etc)
- Preparation of testimonials, certificates
- Maintenance of choir calendar, rehearsal schedule
- Communicating with choristers (and their families) to disseminate information
- Overseeing welfare of choristers
- Attending to public enquiries
- Library duties, including preparation of music
- Overseeing supply of merchandise (costumes, uniforms, stationery etc)
- Preparation of technical specifications & requirements for all rehearsals/concerts in consultation with the conductors
- Stage management duties for all rehearsal/concert
- General backstage logistical duties
Other key responsibilities
- Manage social media content
- Contribute articles and assist in publications
- Covid communications management
- Diploma/Degree holder with 1 year of work experience
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends when needed
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer and computer software; quick to adjust and adapt to technology
- Applicants must enjoy working and be able to communicate with a wide range of age groups
- Team player and flexible in working well with different personalities
- Experience and ability to read music, with an interest in classical/choral music is a plus
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 25 December 2021.