Graphic & Digital Designer
The Singapore Symphony Group (SSG) seeks a Graphic and Digital Designer experienced in the design, production and sourcing of creative/art assets. This creative role will support the marketing efforts of the SSG family of performing units, including the Singapore Symphony Orchestra and concerts under the Victoria Concert Hall: Home of the SSO brand.
This role will have the exciting challenge of visually showcasing over a hundred events a year, to put Singapore’s national orchestra and famous international visiting artistes in the best of light, in a myriad of programmes from grand Romantic classics to cutting-edge world premieres.
The job entails the handling of graphics, illustration and photographs in print and digital mediums, for the purpose of advertising, branding, social media engagement, OOH and onsite signage, and programme booklets; plus videography (filming and editing).
Essential Job Functions
Support the creative needs of the team, including, e.g.:
- Advertising: artwork for print and digital ads.
- EDMs: artwork for weekly thematic e-newsletters.
- Social media: cover photos, artwork for Facebook posts, Instagram stories.
- Website: page updates, event visuals.
- Photography: photo-taking and editing.
- Videos: be part of our video crew conceptualising ideas, filming outstation and editing in-house.
The work of this role involves:
- Editing and adapting existing assets, e.g. concert visual, artiste photos.
- Creating of original artwork from scratch, e.g. via illustration, photography.
- Sourcing and curating externally provisioned artwork for SSG’s use.
- Assist the team in the production of programme booklets.
- Work together with the team to brief and manage internal clients and external vendors.
- Help ensure the integrity and quality of our overall visual representation.
To assist with concert front-of-house duties when required. Availability to work occasionally on concert nights and weekends.
- Candidate should possess a Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. Communication Design, Graphic Design, etc.) or relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Final Cut Pro.
- Proficiency and a good eye in digital photography and videography.
- An outstanding portfolio, to be submitted with application.
- An artistic sense for what designs work in marketing, along with an awareness of trends, and ability to keep things fresh and evolving.
- A good communicator able to anticipate and interpret design needs based on teammates’ briefs.
- A team player with flexibility to cater to a wide range of tastes and opinions.
- Understanding of design, print and web conventions is advantageous.
- Good command of English and meticulousness in textual accuracy is desirable.
- Passion / interest in classical music is highly advantageous.
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 8 December 2018.