One of Asia’s leading orchestras, the SSO provides artistic inspiration through its recordings with BIS, international tours, outreach and education, chamber music, and a 30-programme subscription series. The SSO currently performs at the world-renowned Esplanade Concert Hall and at its long-term home, the Victoria Concert Hall.
The SSO invites applications from outstanding musicians for the following position:
PRINCIPAL SECOND VIOLIN
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Annual remuneration starting from SGD 84,000 to SGD 99,960 (approx. USD 61,604 to USD 73,310) per annum.
- Low personal income tax between 11.5% and 15% for a tax resident.
- 52 paid weeks a year, including 6 weeks of paid annual leave in addition to statutory holidays and other leave benefits.
- Medical, dental, work injury compensation, travel insurance and instrument insurance benefits.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents will receive monthly Central Provident Fund (CPF) payments based on prevailing contribution rate. Musicians on Employment Passes will receive a Contract Gratuity after every two years of service that they complete, in place of CPF. The Contract Gratuity is approximately SGD 20,000.
Application and audition requirements:
- Applications must include:
- A completed applicant information form.
- A copy of your full resumé.
- A video recording of audition excerpts.
- Please submit your application form, upload your resume and video recording here: https://ssoperfor.ms/P2violin2022
- Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 1 March 2022, 2359 Singapore Time (GMT+8).
- The application form and the audition repertoire can be downloaded here:
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a live audition and, if successful, a trial.
- All applicants must be available to accept the position if offered.
- Successful applicants who are offered the position, and have accepted it, should commence work within a reasonable period of the offer.
- The company may also consider applicants for other vacancies/positions.
Updated on 2 December 2021