One of Asia’s leading orchestras, the SSO provides artistic inspiration through its recordings with BIS, international tours, outreach and education, chamber music, and a 30 programme subscription series. The SSO currently performs at the world-renowned Esplanade Concert Hall and at its long term home, the Victoria Concert Hall.
The SSO invites applications from outstanding musicians for the following position:
SECTION DOUBLE BASS
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Annual remuneration starting from SGD 60,000 to SGD 71,400 (approx. USD 44,255 to USD 52,663) per annum.
- Low personal income tax between 7% and 11.5% for a tax resident.
- 52 paid weeks a year, including 6 weeks of paid annual leave in addition to statutory holidays and other leave benefits.
- Medical, dental, work injury compensation, travel insurance and instrument insurance benefits.
- If you are not a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, you will be eligible for Contract Gratuity Scheme (an additional SGD 20,000 to SGD 24,000), in place of the CPF (Central Provident Fund, a social security saving plan), when you complete successfully every 2 years of service.
Application and Audition Requirements:
- Applications must include:
- A completed applicant information form.
- A copy of your full resumé.
- A video recording of audition excerpts.
- Please submit your application form, upload your resume and video recording here: https://ssoperfor.ms/sectiondoublebass-apr20
- Closing date for applications: Friday, 28th February 2020, 2359 Singapore Time (GMT+8).
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Friday, 6th March 2020 and invited for a live audition on Monday, 13th April 2020.
- The application guidance and the audition repertoire can be downloaded here:
- Successful applicants who are offered the position, and have accepted it, should commence work within a reasonable period of the offer.