Executive/Senior Executive, Programmes (VCH)
Since the reopening of the Victoria Concert Hall in 2014, the VCH Programmes team has contributed to building the chamber music scene by presenting a diverse range of programmes featuring local and overseas performers under the VCHpresents Series banner. The Executive/ Senior Executive will run the VCHpresents Chamber, Organ, Festival, Excite!, Atrium performances, as well as collaborative presentations with local art institutions, music groups, partners and the Civic District.
- Assist the department in the execution of all VCH Programmes, including participating in and overseeing event set-up, rehearsals, concerts and fringe events
- Manage event preparation processes and timelines of assigned programmes together with artists/ artist managers/ collaborators
- Perform artist liaison duties including organisation of travel, accommodation, logistics and hospitality for visiting artists
- Prepare and/or collate technical riders, programme rundowns, event layouts, schedules, quotations and attend meetings for upcoming concerts under VCH Programmes
- Work alongside central supporting departments in administration required for record archives, music scores, rights, contracts and invoices for the programmes
- Work alongside Marketing department in obtaining and proof reading artist and concert publicity materials, and assist with co-ordination of PR events involving artists under VCH Programmes
Follow up with post-production administration for all VCH Programmes and assist with miscellaneous duties when required
- Minimum degree holder, those with 2 – 3 years of working experience can be considered for the Senior Executive position
- Some knowledge of Western Classical music and ability to read music preferred
- Prior experience in arts event management or production stage management is an advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required, fluency in other widely used languages is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required, knowledge in Adobe or other relevant software is an advantage
- Good organisational skills and ability to work both independently and well in a team
- Flexibility to work on weekday nights, weekends and public holidays as needed
Please provide a comprehensive resume with a photo and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
This is a local position. Applicants who fulfill most and not all of the requirements will also be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 11 August 2019.