The Stage Manager (SM) / Assistant Stage Manager (ASM) is responsible for the efficient and smooth operation of Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) rehearsals, recordings and performances, creating the best possible environment for SSO musicians to rehearse and perform.
- Plan, prepare and coordinate staging and production requirements for all SSO rehearsals, recordings and performances.
- Ensure backstage facilities are in order for use by conductors and musicians
- Work with venue technicians and crew to ensure suitable working conditions on and off stage
- Coordinate and execute any stage moves as required
- Manage backstage operations during rehearsals, recordings and performances
- Call technical cues as required
- Coordinate and oversee the movement of equipment and instruments to various venues as required for rehearsals, recordings and performances
- Maintain inventory of technical equipment and instruments, and help to arrange for repairs when required
- Perform other production duties as they relate to the SSO and the SSG
- Minimum Diploma in Arts Management / Technical (Theatre) Production or similar qualification. Higher Nitec grads with at least 3 years of industry work experience may apply.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends when needed
- Experience and knowledge of technical production or orchestra operations is required
- Effective oral/written communication skills and supervisory skills
- Proficiency in computing and computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office suite and CAD software
- Team player and ability to work well with a variety of personalities
- Experience and ability to read music, with an interest in classical music is a plus
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter with current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
This is a local position. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 4 January 2021.