SSO Chamber Series
Baroque Festival: Royal Fireworks
Victoria Concert Hall
- Music for the Royal Fireworks
- Arrival of the Queen of Sheba
- “Un pensiero voli in ciel” from Il Delirio Amoroso
- “Ombra mai fu” from Serse
- “Rejoice Greatly, O Daughter of Zion” from Messiah
- Chaconne from The Fairy Queen
- Overture from Dido and Aeneas
- “Thy hand, Belinda” and “When I am laid in earth” from Dido and Aeneas
- Symphony from The Indian Queen, Act II
Rejoice greatly through the jubilant tunes of Handel’s Music for the Royal Fireworks and bare your hearts to the poignant strains of Purcell’s theatre music as acclaimed choral conductor Sofi Jeannin leads you through a jewel-studded tour of the English Baroque. Soprano Stefanie Quintin joins the SSO in an expressive selection of arias, including the radiant serenity of Handel’s “Ombra mai fu”.
- Sofi Jeannin, conductor
- Stefanie Quintin, soprano
- Singapore Symphony Orchestra
No admission for infants-in-arms and children below 6 years of age.
Latecomers will only be admitted during a suitable break. Subject to change at the discretion of the performers.
You May Also Like
Celebrate with us the glory of Baroque music in these concerts!
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSG’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials. By attending the event, you consent to the use of these photographs and videos for the foregoing purposes.