VCH Organ Series
No Orchestra? No Problem
Victoria Concert Hall
- HANDEL (arr. Martin Setchell)
Overture to An Occasional Oratorio
- Arr. J.G. WALTHER
Concerto del Signor Giuseppe Meck
- J.S. BACH (arr. Martin Setchell)
Sinfonia from Cantata BWV 29, Wir danken dir, Gott, wir danken dir
Largo from Concerto for Two Violins in D minor, BWV 1043
Nun danket alle Gott, BWV 192
Two dances from Capriol Suite
- WALTON (arr. Robert Gower)
Popular Song from Façade
- KHACHATURIAN (arr. Martin Setchell)
Sabre Dance from Gayane
The versatility and extensive range of the pipe organ make it a unique instrument to substitute a full orchestra, bringing a myriad of musical textures and colours under the control of two hands and two feet. Organist Martin Setchell, well-known as both transcriber and performer, will introduce and play transcriptions (mostly his own) of favourite music from the 18th and 20th centuries, perfect for the VCH Klais organ – from the ornate vigour of the Baroque, to the effusive, genteel dances of popular vein, culminating in the relentless oriental verve of the famous Sabre Dance.
- Martin Setchell, organ
Autograph Session with Martin Setchell
Concert Admission Advice:
- Admission is free upon collection of an admission slip.
- Admission slip collection commences at 11:45am at the VCH Atrium (Level 1).
- No admission for infants-in-arms and children below 6 years of age.
- We seek your understanding that tickets cannot be collected on behalf of persons not present.
- Latecomers may expect to be admitted after Overture to An Occasional Oratorio (10') or Concerto del Signor Giuseppe Meck (10'). Subject to change at the discretion of the performers.
VCH Tour: Registration: 11.45am | Tour: 1.30pm
- Tour is free
- VCH tour registration will be at 11.45am at the VCH Atrium (Level 1)
- Slots are limited, and based on a first-come-first-served basis.
Click here to find out more about Victoria Concert Hall’s Klais Organ.
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSG’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials. By attending the event, you consent to the use of these photographs and videos for the foregoing purposes.