SSO Gala • La Bohème
Esplanade Concert Hall
The Key to Love
Young artists and chance meetings. In Paris and in love, trapped by circumstances, liberated by poetry. Revel in some of Puccini’s most luscious melodies as the Singapore Symphony Orchestra and Choirs present a concert version presentation of La Bohème, one of the most beloved operas of all time.
In collaboration with
SSO is delighted to partner the NAFA School of Art & Design and NAFA School of Arts Management, Dance & Theatre for La Bohème, where students participated in the stage backdrop and prop design as well as artist liaison.
- 6.30pm-7pm | Library@Esplanade
- 26 April, 7:30pm-10.15pm | Esplanade Concert Hall | For Friends of the SSO and ticketholders
In conjunction with the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge event that will be held on Thursday, 26 April 2018, certain roads around Esplanade will be closed. Please refer to the schedule for details.
$168, $108, $58, $38, $25
- Lan Shui, conductor
- Stefan Pop, Rodolfo (tenor)
- Angel Blue, Mimì (soprano)
- Zhou Zheng Zhong, Marcello (baritone)
- Kelebogile Besong, Musetta (soprano)
- Dario Russo, Colline (bass)
- Zoltan Nagy, Schaunard (bass-baritone)
- Martin Ng, Benoît / Alcindoro (baritone)
- Jonathan Charles Tay, Parpignol (tenor)
- Singapore Symphony Chorus
- Eudenice Palaruan, Choral Director
- Singapore Symphony Youth Choir
- Singapore Symphony Children’s Choir
Wong Lai Foon, Choirmaster
- Cherilyn Woo, Stage Director
- Genevieve Peck, Lighting Designer
Opera star Stefan Pop replaces Charles Castronovo as Rodolfo in this production. Castronovo has withdrawn from the performance.
La Bohème (Concert Version in 4 Acts)
Concert duration is approximately 2 hrs 30 mins, with an intermission between Acts 2 and 3.
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSG’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials.