The Singapore Symphonia Company Limited (SSCL) manages the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO), the Singapore National Youth Orchestra, various choral programmes, and concerts at Victoria Concert Hall – Home of the SSO since 1979. We are one of the leading arts management employers in Singapore, and we need different talents to support the development of our national pride.
Legal Counsel (Part-Time Contract)
The Legal Counsel serves as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and senior management team. The role requires occasional consultation with other departments and different stakeholders including the Board.
- Provide timely and sound legal advice to the Company taking into account the business needs and corporate objectives, across a broad range of legal matters, such as real estate, trade and commercial matters, vendor management, data protection and management, intellectual property. This would often require conducting legal and related business research.
- Review, analyse, draft, negotiate, amend and coordinate execution of commercial agreements, such as service agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other transactional agreements of the Company (including some international agreements)
- Design or review legal policies and workflow to improve administrative, business and risk management processes that have a legal angle
- Manage external legal counsel and legal costs
- Participate as a member of the administration team, including attending staff meetings, team-building events, and assisting the CEO with special projects as assigned
- Recognised law degree (LLB or JD from a Singapore-accredited law school) and called to the Singapore Bar
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a law firm, with experience in any or a few of the following legal areas: General Corporate, Intellectual Property, Civil Litigation, Regulatory Compliance (e.g. Personal Data Protection), Employment, etc. Experience in an in-house role would be an advantage
- Interest in classical music and some familiarity with how orchestras work would be an advantage
- Exceptional organizational skills, good initiative and the ability to work under pressure, with experience supervising the execution of extensive marketing or public education programmes
- Resilient individual with positive energy and excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to focus and prioritize within sometimes tight deadlines. An open mind and a can-do attitude is essential to be successful in this job
- Diplomacy and sensitivity in communicating and working with a wide and diverse constituency, with an ability to explain legal concepts in plain English
Please provide a comprehensive resume with a photo and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
This is a local position on a two-year contract, on a part-time basis (approximately 50%) with a telecommuting role (working remotely and over the phone) of approximately one visit to the office a week.
Applicants who fulfill most and not all of the requirements will also be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 4 April 2017.