A Ceremony of Carols
Sun / 03 Jan 21 / 4.00pm
Sun / 03 Jan 21 / 7.30pm
Victoria Concert Hall
The beautiful combination of scintillating harp and sonorous organ is joined by voice in excerpts from Britten’s heavenly Ceremony of Carols. Harpist Charity Kiew, soprano Raeanne Wong and organist Loraine Muthiah take turns to brighten the yuletide season, finishing with the familiar tune of “Carol of the Bells”.
Click here to find out more about Victoria Concert Hall’s Klais Organ.
FeaturingLoraine Muthiah, organ / Charity Kiew, harp / Raeanne Wong, soprano
In dulci jubilo, BWV 729
Quand Jesus naquit à Noël
Chanson de Mai, Op. 40
Aria in Classic Style
Selections from A Ceremony of Carols, Op. 28
Carillon on a Ukrainian Bell Carol
Duration: approximately 1 hr (with no intermission)
Ticket prices: $5^
^before booking fees: $0.50 for tickets $10 and below.
- Children must be age 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Please bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student concession pass, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- Parents or guardians of children admitted are strongly encouraged to purchase aisle seats.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
- To ensure sufficient time for admission and safe distancing, please arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes before the start of the concert.
- All tickets holders are required to check in to SafeEntry through either scanning the QR code using the TraceTogether App on their phone, or by presenting their TraceTogether token to be scanned. Latecomers will only be admitted at suitable breaks, if any.
** Photography/ Video Recording Rules**
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSG’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials. By attending the event, you consent to the use of these photographs and videos for the foregoing purposes.