The Development and Partnership department engages with corporations, philanthropic individuals, government counterparts, media and beneficiaries to build capacity and securing financial future of the Singapore Symphony Group (“SSG” or “the Company”), a non-profit Institution of Public Character (IPC), through fundraising activities, media and stakeholder relations. The Development Communication Manager’s role is to enhance SSG’s image and reputation as an IPC, lift its profile and extend its reach to attract new donors and retain existing supporters.
The Manager is a key member of the Development and Partnership department and will be responsible in coordinating communication tasks in the cross-departmental integrated communication team.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communications strategy: Develop, drive and review communications strategy in consultation with the cross-departmental integrated communications team and ensure that communications are aligned with the Company’s strategic objectives and brand values.
- Media relations: Plan and carry out media pitches with Manager, Marketing Communications from the Marketing Communications Department in a collaborative manner and build strong relationships with journalists. Monitor press mentions and coverage.
- PR agency: Manage relationship with appointed strategic communications PR agency.
- Report writing: Draft quarterly management reports for Communications.
- Manage and deliver corporate publication projects such as the SSG annual report.
- Prepare talking points, manage relationships, deliver and keep records of features of SSG spokespersons and ambassadors.
- Work with Manager, Development from the Development and Partnerships Department to develop, review and implement Development Communication strategies to engage donors and prospects effectively, within the context of other communications they may receive from SSG.
- Develop content such as donor profile stories and fundraising campaign media pitches.
- Maintain and update Development and Partnerships Department content on platforms including website and concert booklets, as well as corporate social media such as LinkedIn.
- Review and edit fundraising material including impact reports, appeal and thank you letters.
Government and Diplomatic Communications
- Strategise and build government and diplomatic relationships while developing a government and diplomatic contact database.
- Work on office holder and GoH invitations and events.
Corporate Social Responsibility Programme
- Plan and carry out CSR programme including concert and event invitation to beneficiaries.
- Develop and maintain contact database of beneficiary organisations.
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and relevant external parties.
- Supervise Development communications interns when applicable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ managerial-level experience working in a team in Corporate Communication or in an arts organization. Candidates with less experience may be considered for the same job, positioned at the Assistant Manager level.
- A university degree in Mass Communication or a related discipline.
- Proven track record in Corporate, fundraising and/or Mass Communications, electronic Direct Mail (eDM) copywriting and analysis.
- Interest in classical music.
- Exceptional organizational skills, good initiative and the ability to work under pressure and work with a matrix reporting structure.
- Resilient individual with positive energy and excellent writing and communication skills.
- Proficient in English and one other widely-used language.
- Familiar with web content management.
- Takes a collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
- Flexibility to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 2 June 2021.