The Production Manager (PM) is responsible for leading the Stage Management department and oversees the co-ordination of Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) rehearsals, recordings and performances. In addition, the PM is in charge of logistics, including instrument and equipment, and other production requirements for concerts/projects put on by the company.
- Oversee production and technical logistics of all SSO rehearsals, recordings and concerts
- Co-ordinates various aspects of production, including scheduling, manpower, budget planning
- Taking lead to run shows when required
- Liaise with venue stage/technical crew on staging requirements
- Oversee instrument and equipement logistics for SSO and affliated groups, including maintainance of inventory, and arrange for maintenance of instruments
- Leading the Stage Management team and make sure all aspects of production are in order
- Supervise and managing the Stage Management team’s roster/schedule
- Oversee health and safety protocols of the concert productions
- Perform other production duties as they relate to the SSO and the SSG
- Possess at least a Diploma in Arts Management / Technical (Theatre) Production or higher qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a technical production or orchestra operations role is required
- Experience in leading a team
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends when needed
- Effective oral/written communication skills and supervisory skills
- Proficiency in computing and computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office suite and CAD software
- Team player and ability to work well with a variety of personalities
- Experience and ability to read music, with an interest in classical music is a plus
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter with current and expected salaries to email@example.com.
This is a local position. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 7 January 2022.