The Victoria Concert Hall has been the Home of the SSO since the orchestra's founding in 1979. The 673-seat hall is part of the Victoria Theatre and Victoria Concert Hall complex which reopened in July 2014 after an extensive renovation that both preserved the historical beauty of the buildings and also created an intimate performance space for music groups of different sizes.
Working with our own musicians and international artists
The SSO works with their own musicians and international artists to present different series of music, ranging from world-class chamber performances in the VCH Presents and SSO Chamber Series, and orchestral works by the SSO, to family programmes tailored to introduce classical music to everyone.
Besides the SSO's own programmes, the VCH and its rehearsal spaces are also available for public booking through the VTVCH venue operator, Arts House Limited, which can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find a state-of-the-art recording space at the Victoria Concert Hall. The Rose Studio features a recording control room with both mixing and editing facilities, making it the only concert hall in Asia for both live and closed-door recordings of classical and acoustic music. The 673-seat VCH is also equipped with two Steinway Model D concert grand pianos and a 2,012-pipe 31-stop manual Klais organ. The Rose Studio is operated by msm-productions (Singapore) — the Asian subsidiary of msm-studios, the Munich-based recording house closely associated with the recordings of the Munich Philharmonic and Valery Gerviev, and also the first Dolby-certified Dolby Atmos Home® mixing facility in Germany. [Read more]
Italian restaurant Sinfonia Ristorante is located at the ground floor of the Victoria Concert Hall.
Restaurant: Tuesdays to Saturdays 12pm - 3pm, 6pm - 11pm. Sundays and Mondays 12pm - 3pm.
Bar: Tuesdays to Saturdays 4pm - 12am. Closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Happy Hour: Tuesdays to Saturdays 4pm - 8pm. Closed on Sundays and Mondays.
Click here to explore your dining options around the Esplanade Concert Hall. Friends of the SSO cardholders have discount privileges at the restaurants in the Arts House and Asian Civilisations Museum.
Privé 10% off for Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) Patrons
(SSO concerts at VCH and Esplanade)
- A la carte food and drinks daily (valid till 31 Dec 2019 only)
- Applicable for both dine-in and takeaways
- Reservations are compulsory and must be made via central reservations (6776 0777 / email@example.com). Please indicate that you will be using a staff discount when making the reservation.
- The Management has the right to refuse discounts if a prior reservation is not made
- Ticket stubs/ etickets (only on date of performance) must be shown at point of payment to enjoy discount
- Limited to tables of 8 pax and below
- Split bills are not allowed
- Not applicable in conjunction with:
- Bottled wines, champagnes, Proseccos and Spirits
- Set meals and Special Occasions Menus (including but not limited to Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, New Year’s Eve etc.)
- Private functions and event bookings
- Other marketing promotions and discounts
- The Management reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions from time to time and without prior notice
The nearest bus stops are:
- "Supreme Court" (Bus stop 02181) on Parliament Place, outside the National Gallery. Buses 195 and 961. 1-min walk to Victoria Concert Hall.
- "Opposite S'pore Cricket Club" (Bus stop 02029) on Connaught Drive, between the Padang and Esplanade Park. Buses 75, 100, 107, 130, 131 and 167. 1-min walk.
- "Opposite The Treasury" (Bus stop 04249) on North Bridge Road, outside Supreme Court. Buses 51, 61, 63, 80, 124, 145, 166, 174, 197, 851 and 961. 4-min walk.
- "Fullerton Square" (Bus stop 03011) on Fullerton Road. Buses 10, 57, 70, 75, 100, 107, 128, 130, 131, 162, 167, 196 and 700 (etc.) 7-min walk (go past Fulleron Hotel and cross Cavenagh Bridge).
The nearest MRT stations are:
- City Hall (Raffles City) Exit B
Ascend to ground level, walk past St. Andrew's Cathedral and National Gallery to reach the Victoria Concert Hall (10-min walk). In case of rain, the path is sheltered all the way to the southern end of the National Gallery (walk through the gallery).
- Raffles Place Exit H
Take Exit H, turn right towards the Singapore River, walk towards Fullerton Hotel and cross Cavenagh Bridge (6-min walk).
- Clark Quay Exit E or F
Cross the main road (Eu Tong Sen and New Bridge Roads) and walk through Upper Circular Road to South Bridge Road. Turn left and cross Elgin Bridge, and take the underpass below the bridge to the north bank of the Singapore River. Walk down the bank towards white statue of Sir Stamford Raffles, and turn left towards the concert hall (10-min walk).
Taxis can drop you off at the coach bay outside VCH, or outside the Singapore Cricket Club on Connaught Drive.
- Parliament House: Enter by Parliament Place. Note: No lifts or disabled access.
- National Gallery: Enter by St Andrew's Road. (You can drop off passengers outside VCH before parking.).
- Esplanade: Enter by Esplanade Bridge.
- Fullerton Hotel
Vehicles are allowed to stop along the road outside VCH for pick up and drop off.