A Gift to the Universe - Celebrating Bach III
Thu / 04 Feb 21 / 7.30pm
Esplanade Concert Hall
Dedicated to SSO founding patron
Dr Goh Keng Swee
Some 22 billion kilometres away in space, Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 lies among other earthly sounds and music on the Golden Record, carried by the Voyager space probes since they left Earth in 1977. Bach’s legacy is humanity’s future. Likewise, Singapore’s young shining star of the violin, Chloe Chua. See her live on stage with SSO violinist Ye Lin in the universally loved Double Violin Concerto. A present from a small, distant world, a token of our music, thoughts and feelings – a gift of music to the universe.
This concert is dedicated to the late Dr. Goh Keng Swee, founding patron of the SSO.
FORMAT: This will be a live concert held at the Esplanade Concert Hall.
FeaturingSingapore Symphony Orchestra / Darrell Ang, conductor / Chloe Chua, violin* / Ye Lin, violin*
Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F major, BWV 1047
Concerto in D minor for Two Violins and Orchestra, BWV 1043*
Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G major, BWV 1049
Duration: approximately 1 hr (with no intermission)
Ticket sales will begin on 7 Jan 2021, 10am.
Standard Tickets: $28, $48, $68, $88^
^before booking fees: $3 for tickets $20.01 to $40, $4 for tickets above $40
Discounts and Promotions
- Verification: enter password online
- Through all SISTIC channels
- Full-Time students with valid student pass
- NSF personnel with valid SAF 11B (Military IC)
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) with valid concession card
- Concession tickets are non-transferable. Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry
- Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets
- Valid from 7 Jan 2021 onwards
- Valid for Cat 3 - Cat 4