Pipe Up! II
Mon / 16 Dec 19 / 12.30pm
Victoria Concert Hall
It’s a majestic trombone and organ duo showcase as SSO trombonist Samuel Armstrong pairs up with Singaporean organist Isaac Lee. This turn-of-the-20th-century programme takes you from Germany’s Rheinberger to England’s West, culminating in Ives’s inspired Variations on America and French composer Guilmant’s highly acclaimed trombone masterpiece, the Morceau symphonique.
Victoria Concert Hall Tour: 1.30pm-2.15pm
- Register here
- Tour is free and open to public
- Pre-registration is required
Click here to find out more about Victoria Concert Hall’s Klais Organ.
Attend This ConcertFor a rare combination of two of humanity's greatest wind instruments.
FeaturingIsaac Lee, organ / Samuel Armstrong, trombone
Agitato: Allegro from Organ Sonata No. 11 in D minor, Op. 148
Cantilene: Adagio from Organ Sonata No. 11 in D minor, Op. 148
Morceau symphonique, Op. 88
Adeste Fidelis in an Organ Prelude
Variations on America
- No admission for infants-in-arms.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- Non-flash photography is allowed during bows and applause. No photography when artistes are performing.
Recommended for ages 6 and above.