Smetana and Dvořák
Fri / 17 May 24 / 7.30pm
Victoria Concert Hall
approximately 1 hr 30 mins (with 20 mins intermission)
The celebration of Smetana’s 200th birth anniversary continues in this installment, with his well-known Piano Trio in G minor, an elegiac work that ultimately finds joyous courage at the end. Smetana’s famous contemporary, Dvořák shares the limelight with his attractive bass-augmented String Quintet No. 2, a work that won great praise from the day it was premiered, in 1875.
FeaturingMusicians of the SSO
Piano Trio in G minor, Op. 15
String Quintet No. 2 in G major, Op. 77
Standard Tickets: $20
All prices before SISTIC booking fees: $1 for tickets $20 and below, $3 for tickets $20.01 to $40, $4 for tickets above $40
Discounts and Promotions
- Applicable for Cat 4-5 only
- Through Internet, Mobile, Hotline & Authorised Agents
- NSF personnel with valid SAF 11B (Military IC) only
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) with valid concession card
- Senior Citizens aged 55 years old and above.
- Only eligible for full-time students with valid student passes, and a maximum of 8 student-priced tickets can be purchased in a single transaction.
- Concession tickets are non-transferable. Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry
- Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets
- Valid from 12 May 2023 onwards
- Schools can also enjoy the above student concession discounts when purchasing tickets.
- With effect from 1 September 2023, there is no minimum number of tickets needed for school purchases. However, a minimum of 20 tickets is needed if schools wish to pay via IFAAS.
- Eligible schools are also able to use the Tote Board Arts Grant to subsidize up to 50% (excluding GST) of the final ticket prices.
- For school bookings, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of school
- Event name/date/time
- Number of tickets required
Through Internet, Mobile, Hotline & Authorised Agents Verification: Quote password upon purchase Valid from 5 May 2023 onwards
- Children must be age 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Please bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student concession pass, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at appropriate pauses during the show or during intermission, if any.
- Non-flash photography is allowed during bows and applause. No photography when artistes are performing.
- Unauthorised video recordings are strictly not allowed.
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSO’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials. By attending the event, you consent to the use of these photographs and videos for the foregoing purposes.