Sounds for a Summer Evening
Sat / 12 Dec 20 / 7.30pm
Victoria Concert Hall
In the evenings when our thoughts turn to the end of day, the fuss and flurry of life dissolve to the sound of music. The sound of three flutes and a bassoon float over the Grassfield in the Summer Nights, written by our Principal Flute Jin Ta, while the beguiling combination of flute, viola and harp by way of Debussy promises enchantment and contemplation. Finally, be recharged by the unmistakable wit and vigour of Beethoven.
FORMAT: This will be a live concert held at the Victoria Concert Hall.
FeaturingChan Yoong-Han, violin / Zhao Tian, violin / Guan Qi, viola / Gu Bing Jie, viola / Ng Pei-Sian, cello / Jin Ta, flute / Miao Shanshan, flute / Evgueni Brokmiller, flute / Christoph Wichert, bassoon / Gulnara Mashurova, harp
Grassfield in the Summer Night for Three Flutes and Bassoon 夏夜的草坪 (World Premiere)
Sonata for Flute, Viola and Harp
String Quintet in C major, Op. 29
Duration: approximately 1 hr (with no intermission)
Ticket prices: $30, $45, $60^
^before booking fees: $0.50 for tickets $10 and below, $1 for tickets $10.01 to $20, $3 for tickets $20.01 to $40, $4 for tickets above $40.
- Children must be age 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Please bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student concession pass, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- Parents or guardians of children admitted are strongly encouraged to purchase aisle seats.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
- To ensure sufficient time for admission and safe distancing, please arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes before the start of the concert.
- All tickets holders are required to check in to SafeEntry through either scanning the QR code using the TraceTogether App on their phone, or by presenting their TraceTogether token to be scanned. Latecomers will only be admitted at suitable breaks, if any.
** Photography/ Video Recording Rules**
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSG’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials. By attending the event, you consent to the use of these photographs and videos for the foregoing purposes.