[STREAM] The Spirit of Serenity
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Sat / 28 Mar 20 / 7.30pm
Victoria Concert Hall
“It is enough when a single note is beautifully played.” ― Arvo Pärt
A one-hour journey through the spirit of serenity in all its moods. Britten's youthful and witty Simple Symphony, plus the bittersweet nostalgia and Mozartian charm of Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings. In between, the concentrated fragility of Pärt's Cantus in memory of Britten: the ethereal spirituality of a string orchestra and a single bell.
Attend This ConcertFor an appealing programme of string orchestra music in many moods, including the famous Estonian composer Arvo Pärt's *Cantus In Memoriam Benjamin Britten* which features a single bell with strings.
FeaturingDarrell Ang, conductor / Singapore Symphony Orchestra
Simple Symphony, Op. 4
Cantus in memory of Benjamin Britten
Serenade for Strings
Duration: 60 mins with no intermission
- Children must be age 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Please bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student concession pass, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- Parents or guardians of children admitted are strongly encouraged to purchase aisle seats.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at appropriate pauses during the show or during intermission, if any.
- No photography is allowed.
- Unauthorised video recordings are strictly not allowed.
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSG’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials. By attending the event, you consent to the use of these photographs and videos for the foregoing purposes.