Sunday Afternoon Fancies
Sun / 25 Feb 24 / 4.00pm
Victoria Concert Hall
approximately 1 hr (with no intermission)
Sprinkle a dash of musical bliss on your Sunday afternoon with this attractive programme of English choral and string delights. From the divine harmonies of Tavener to Shakespearean songs with a touch of jazz, the heartfelt nostalgia of Vaughan Williams to the whimsical gems of Rutter – these Sunday Afternoon Fancies will make your spirit sing all day with joy.
FeaturingSingapore Symphony Youth Choir / Wong Lai Foon, Choirmaster / Musicians of the SSO
My Spirit Sang All Day
Serenade for Strings
Selections from Songs and Sonnets from Shakespeare
Suite for Strings
Selections from Fancies
Standard Tickets: $20
All prices before SISTIC booking fees: $1 for tickets $20 and below, $3 for tickets $20.01 to $40, $4 for tickets above $40
Discounts and Promotions
- Through Internet, Mobile, Hotline & Authorised Agents
- NSF personnel with valid SAF 11B (Military IC) only
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) with valid concession card
- Senior Citizens aged 55 years old and above.
- Only eligible for full-time students with valid student passes, and a maximum of 8 student-priced tickets can be purchased in a single transaction.
- Concession tickets are non-transferable. Please note that random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry
- Patrons unable to present proof of eligibility are required to upgrade their concession tickets to full price tickets
- Valid from 12 May 2023 onwards
- Schools can also enjoy the above student concession discounts when purchasing tickets.
- With effect from 1 September 2023, there is no minimum number of tickets needed for school purchases. However, a minimum of 20 tickets is needed if schools wish to pay via IFAAS.
- Eligible schools are also able to use the Tote Board Arts Grant to subsidize up to 50% (excluding GST) of the final ticket prices.
- For school bookings, please write in to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name of school
- Event name/date/time
- Number of tickets required
Through Internet, Mobile, Hotline & Authorised Agents Verification: Quote password upon purchase Valid from 5 May 2023 onwards
- Children must be age 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Please bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student concession pass, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at appropriate pauses during the show or during intermission, if any.
- Photos, video and audio recording are strictly NOT allowed when artistes are performing.
- These are allowed when artistes are not performing, such as during bows and applause. Please disable camera flash before taking photos.
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSO’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials. By attending the event, you consent to the use of these photographs and videos for the foregoing purposes.