Wang Jian • Flowing Sleeves
Brush. Lift. Reflect. Dance.
Thu / 15 Aug 19 / 7.30pm
Esplanade Concert Hall
Brush. Lift. Reflect. Dance. Words that infuse Flowing Sleeves, an expressive cello concerto inspired by Chinese operatic dance, written by American-Chinese composer Zhou Tian in collaboration with renowned cellist Wang Jian. Up-and-coming Australian-British conductor Jessica Cottis directs this Singapore premiere, a new work by Singaporean composer Joyce Koh as well as Dvořák’s tuneful and optimistic Eighth Symphony.
Attend This ConcertFor the cello enthusiast. One of three cello-centric concerts in the SSO season, this one featuring a new, contemporary work.
FeaturingJessica Cottis, conductor / Wang Jian, cello
one point six one eight zero (SSO Commission)
Cello Concerto "Flowing Sleeves"
|- Intermission -|
Symphony No. 8 in G major, Op. 88
6:30 PM | library@esplanade
$88, $68, $48, $38, $28, $15
- Children must be age 7 and above to be admitted into the hall.
- Children under 7 will not be admitted into the hall, even with a ticket.
- Please bring along proof of child’s age, such as a student concession pass, as random checks may be conducted at the venue.
- Parents or guardians of children admitted are strongly encouraged to purchase aisle seats.
- We reserve the right to ask parents to bring children out of the hall should they be disruptive during the performance.
- No admission without a ticket.
- You are strongly advised to be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will only be admitted at appropriate pauses during the show or during intermission, if any.
- No photography is allowed.
- Unauthorised video recordings are strictly not allowed.
Photographs and videos will be taken at the event in which you may appear. Such photographs and videos may be displayed or published on SSG’s website, social media platforms, publications and publicity materials. By attending the event, you consent to the use of these photographs and videos for the foregoing purposes.