The Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) is conducting an international search for a Concertmaster.
The SSO is Singapore’s flagship orchestra and founded in 1979. Over the last 40 years, the full-time professional orchestra has grown in stature and has collaborated with great artistes, such as Neeme Järvi, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Lang Lang, Yo-Yo Ma, Diana Damrau, Janine Jansen, Leonidas Kavakos, Gil Shaham and Martha Argerich. The SSO has toured regularly, with invitations to the BBC Proms, the Prague Spring International Music Festival, and the Dresden Music Festival.
At home, the SSO plays regularly at the Esplanade Concert Hall, Singapore’s premier performance venue, while more intimate concerts are held at the historic Victoria Concert Hall. The well-loved national orchestra also makes community appearances and plays a significant role in concerts for the young.
Interested candidates should possess musicianship of the highest level, to lead the Orchestra to greater artistic heights. The successful candidate may:
- Be associated with a named Chair
- Receive an instrument loan from the orchestra’s donors
- Be recommended for teaching positions
Applicants are asked to submit the following for consideration:
- A cover letter outlining your interest in the position
- A current CV (including education, professional experience and two referees)
- Audio and/or video of recording of solo works (made within the last 2-3 years)
- Video recording of works in a chamber setting (we accept links to high-quality web videos, with indication of the year of recording)
- Video recording of performance with an orchestra (we accept links to high-quality web videos, with indication of the year of recording)
The above materials should be submitted by 15 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.