Create the SSO story with us. Revolutionise live performances. Join the Singapore Symphony Group, and work with one of the leading arts management employers in Singapore.
One of Asia’s leading orchestras, the SSO provides artistic inspiration through its recordings with BIS, international tours, outreach and education, chamber music, and a 30 programme subscription series. Under the baton of Music Director Lan Shui, the SSO currently performs at the world-renowned Esplanade Concert Hall and at its long term home, the Victoria Concert Hall.
The SSO invites applications from outstanding musicians for the following position:
Salary and Benefits
· Salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Annual remuneration starting from SGD 60,000 to SGD 71,400 (approx. USD 43,258 to USD 51,476) per annum.
· Low personal income tax between 7% and 11.5% for a tax resident.
· 52 paid weeks a year, including 6 weeks of paid annual leave in addition to statutory holidays and other leave benefits.
· Medical, dental, work injury compensation, travel insurance and instrument insurance benefits.
· If you are not a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident, you will be eligible for Contract Gratuity Scheme (an additional SGD 20,000 to SGD 24,000), in place of the CPF (Central Provident Fund, a social security saving plan), when you complete successfully every 2 years of service.
Application and audition requirements
1. Applications must include:
- A completed Applicant Information form
- A copy of your full resumé
- A video recording of audition excerpts
2. Closing date for applications: 31 July 2017.
3. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by Monday, 7 August 2017.
4. The application form and the audition repertoire can be downloaded here: Section Viola
5. Successful applicants who are offered the position, and have accepted it, should commence work within a reasonable period of the offer.
The Singapore Symphonia Company Limited (SSCL) manages the Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) and its family of orchestras and choruses at the Victoria Concert Hall (VCH), the Home of the SSO since 1979. We are one of the leading arts management employers in Singapore.
Human Resources & Administration Executive
The Human Resources & Administration Executive reports to the Assistant Manager, Human Resources & Administration.
· Handles full spectrum of human resources management functions including recruitment and selection, conducting orientation, compensation and benefits administration.
· Assist in daily human resources and administrative related matters including work and dependent passes, tax clearances, procurement of office stationery and supplies, etc.
· Administer accurate staff leave records and medical disbursements, etc.
· Drive and execute management initiatives
· Minimum diploma holder with 3 years human resources & administration work experience
· Good knowledge of employment and manpower legislations.
· Strong organisational skills, high level of commitment and initiative in the job
· Effective oral/written communication skills
· Proficient in computer software applications, e.g. Microsoft Office suite, and good knowledge in Excel Program is a plus
· Team player and ability to work well with a variety of personalities.
Please provide a comprehensive resume with a photo and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a local position and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 21 June 2017.