Assistant Stage Manager
This position reports to the Stage Manager/Production Manager and will be involved in assisting in the planning and management of staging and production requirements to allow for the efficient and smooth operation of all Singapore Symphony Orchestra (SSO) rehearsals, recordings and performances.
- Assist the Stage Manager/Production Manager in planning, preparing and coordinating staging and production requirements for all SSO rehearsals, recordings and performances.
- Ensure backstage facilities are in order for use by conductors and musicians
- Work with venue technicians and crew to ensure suitable working conditions on and off stage
- Coordinate and execute any stage moves as required in conjunction with Concert Operations Officers and Venue Crew.
- Manage backstage operations during performances
- Coordinate and oversee the movement of equipment and instruments to various venues as required for rehearsals and performances
- Maintain inventory of stage equipment and instruments, and help to arrange for repairs when required
- Attend production and technical meetings as required
- Perform other production duties as they relate to the SSO and the SSG
- Minimum Diploma in Arts Management/Technical (Theatre) Production or similar qualification. Higher Nitec grads with at least 3 years of industry work experience may apply.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays when needed
- Experience and knowledge of technical production or orchestra operations is required
- Effective oral/written communication skills and supervisory skills
- Proficiency in computing and computer software, e.g. Microsoft Office suite and CAD software
- Team player and ability to work well with a variety of personalities
- Experience and ability to read music, with an interest in classical music is a plus
Please provide a comprehensive resume and cover letter also stating current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
The closing date for application submissions is 30 April 2019.