One of Asia’s leading orchestras, the SSO provides artistic inspiration through its recordings with BIS, international tours, outreach and education, chamber music, and a 30-programme subscription series. The SSO currently performs at the world-renowned Esplanade Concert Hall and at its long-term home, the Victoria Concert Hall.
The SSO invites applications from outstanding musicians for the following position:
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and abilities. Annual remuneration starting from SGD 60,000 to SGD 71,400 (approx. USD 43,784 to USD 52,104).
- Low personal income tax between 7% and 11.5% for a tax resident.
- 52 paid weeks a year, including 6 weeks of paid annual leave in addition to statutory holidays and other leave benefits.
- Medical, dental, work injury compensation, travel insurance and instrument insurance benefits.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents will receive monthly Central Provident Fund (CPF) payments based on prevailing contribution rate. Musicians on Work Passes will receive a Contract Gratuity after every year of service that they complete, in place of CPF. The Contract Gratuity is approximately SGD 10,000.
Application and audition requirements:
- Applications must include:
- A completed applicant information form, and
- A copy of your full resumé, and
- Video recordings of the required repertoire.
- Please submit your application form, upload your resume and video recordings here: https://ssoperfor.ms/sectiontrumpet2022
- Closing date for applications: Friday, 29 July 2022, 2359 Singapore Time (GMT+8).
- The application form and the audition repertoire can be downloaded here:
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a live audition.
- All applicants must be available to accept the position if offered.
- Successful applicants who are offered the position, and have accepted it, should commence work within a reasonable period of the offer.